Agriculture in simple words, may be defined as a large-scale process of cultivating land or raising stock for producing food, feed, fibre and other desired products. Farmers engage themselves in cultivating land or raising animals included in agriculture practice. Traditionally agriculture is practiced in India from ancient times and is the main occupation of Indian population. The share of agriculture in growth and development of India has been significant. With modern technology and recent practices have transformed the way agriculture is being practiced today. Agriculture plays a major role in the Indian economy.
Traditionally agriculture is practiced in India from ancient times and is the main occupation of Indian population. The share of agriculture in growth and development of India has been significant. With modern technology and recent practices have transformed the way agriculture is being practiced today. Agriculture plays a major role in the Indian economy. Food processing is the set of methods and techniques used to transform raw ingredients into food for consumption by humans. Food can be defined as any substance that can be metabolised by an organism to give energy and build tissue. It is any solid or liquid substance that is used as a source of nourishment. Food is the main source of energy and nutrition for humans as well as animals, and is usually of animal or plant origin. To provide the farming / agro-food industry with latest trends, policies, financial assistance, technologies and related information agrowan.com is the perfect resource of knowledge and a platform for online business. India has diverse geography with landscape varying from snow capped mountain ranges to desert, hills, plains and plateaus.
- Location: Southern Asia, bordering the Arabian Sea and the Bay of Bengal, between Burma and Pakistan
- Geographic Coordinates: 20 00 N, 77 00 E
- Map References: Asia
- Area: Total: 3,287,590 sq km Land: 2,973,190 sq km o Water: 314,400 sq km
- Border Countries:Bangladesh 4,053 km,Bhutan 605 km,Burma 1,463 km,China 3,380 km,Nepal 1,690 km,Pakistan 2,912 km
- Coastline: 7,000 km
- Maritime Claims:Territorial sea: 12 mm,Contiguous zone: 24 mm, Continental shelf: 200 mm or to the edge of the continental margin
- Climate: Varies from tropical monsoon in south to temperate in north
- Terrain: Upland plain (Deccan Plateau) in south, flat to rolling plain along the Ganges, deserts in west, Himalayas in north
- Elevation Extremes: Lowest point: Indian Ocean 0 m Highest point: Kanchenjunga 8,598 m
- Natural Resources: Coal (fourth-largest reserves in the world), iron ore, manganese, mica, bauxite, titanium ore, chromite, natural gas, diamonds, petroleum, limestone, arable land
- Land Use:Arable land: 54.4%,permanent crops: 2.74%,other: 42.86% (2001),Irrigated land: 590,000 sq km (1998 est.)
- Natural Hazards: Droughts, Flash floods, Widespread and destructive flooding from monsoonal rains; severe thunderstorms, Earthquakes
- Environment:Current issues: deforestation; soil erosion; overgrazing; desertification; air pollution from industrial effluents and vehicle emissions; water pollution from raw sewage and runoff of agricultural pesticides; tap water is not potable throughout the country; huge and growing population is overstraining natural resources.
- Knapsack Sprayers [mumbai]
Best quality Knapsack sprayers with original japan mitsubishi engines. ....
- Insects [Delhi]
Recommendations of Insecicides ....
- Zero Till Drill [Ludhiana]
For sowing different seeds in unprepared fields ....
- B2 Energy Drink [Petaling Jaya]
B2 Energy Drink
Made with added nutrients of Taurine, Ch ....
- Cornflour [PUNE]
Weikfield Corn flour is perfect for puddings and other creamy desserts, c ....